Potluck Brunch & Tea with Swami Radha Bharati
June 24, 2018 from 10 am - 12 pm
The Meditation Center, Minneapolis, MN USA
Everyone is welcome to join the discussion and share the offerings of refreshment! We will continue our discussion of the “yamas and niyamas.”
For more information, please see: https://themeditationcenter.org/event/tea-and-teachings-with-swami-radha-bharati-1000am-noon-on-june-24-2018/
Swami Veda Bharati, while still Pandit Usharbudh Arya, initiated the 40-Day Spiritual Festival and the tradition continues through the present. During the 40 days that precede Guru Purnima, sadhakas are invited to participate, to expand and refine one’s sadhana. In 2018, the 40-Day Festival will begin on June 18th and will end on July 27th, which is Guru Purnima. A sadhaka participates wherever he/she is. During these 40 days, yoga students can choose to intensify their yoga practice and/or make beneficial changes in their lifestyles, in a variety of ways. Each year a list of possibilities (with many ways that remained the same each year) was provided by Swamiji for us. To read more: https://ahymsin.org/main/practice/the-annual-40-day-spiritual-festival.html
On December 11, 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared the 21st of June every year to be International Yoga Day. India officially gave the proposal.
The Meditation Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, will be open for meditation throughout the day beginning at 6:00am.
There will also be Thursday night Satsang on June 21st:
- 6:00pm Hatha Yoga with Shauna Tuttle
- 7:00pm Meditation with Swami Radha Bharati
- 7:30pm Presentation by Lynn Hasel
- 8:30pm Soup
- 9:00pm Prayers and Meditation
Everyone is welcome to attend all open house events to honor and celebrate in community the third International Day of Yoga!
For more information, please see: https://themeditationcenter.org/event/international-day-of-yoga-at-the-meditation-center-on-thursday-june-21-2018/
Table of Contents
- What You Might Do by Swami Veda Bharati
- God Is in You/Me by Swami Rama
- Annual Festival of Spiritual Peace by Swami Ritavan Bharati
- Ashram Pramukha Address to Residents by Swami Ritavan Bharati
- AHYMSIN Board Meeting, April 2018 by Rajini Prakash
- Blessings & Guidance from Swami Ritavan by Rajini Prakash
- Nourished by the Tradition by Ines Tsai
- What the HYM Center in Pune Is Doing by Dr. Shirin Venkat
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- June Events in Greece by Sofia Foteina
- Retreat “Yoga Sutras” by Nina Terpstra
- Upcoming Events 2018 & Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
Poetry and Prose by Swami Veda Bharati.
This booklet contains poetry and prose in praise of the Divine Mother and includes a transcription of the lecture entitled "SHE" given in 1989.
Available via The Meditation Center at: https://themeditationcenter.org/product/divine-mother-booklet/