We are pleased to invite you to our second annual Silence Retreat June 4 to June 8, 2012 at the quiet sanctuary of the Stella Maris Retreat Center on the Jersey Shore. This year's retreat offers 1-day, 3-days or 5-days of Silence. The Silence Retreat will include instruction in many Himalayan Yoga & Meditation practices to support the development and deepening of your personal practice. Swami Ma Radha (download event details) will lead the retreat. She is a former Professor of Philosophy and a leading teacher of yoga and meditation under Swami Veda and Swami Rama.
We have extended the registration until May 15. We have more room, so please help us out and forward this email to all your friends. We would like to receive a registration email as soon as you know you will be coming, the check must arrive by May 15 so that Stella Maris has time to plan the food for everyone ... they have a great vegetarian chef!
Below is a list of responses to your feedback regarding: Swami Ma Radha, the Global Full Moon celebration on June 4 at 3 PM and 10 PM, new 1-Day & Night Retreat, Mantra Initiation on June 7, Skype Calls May 14 & May 21, Schedule for 5-Day Retreat, 12-Hour Akhanda Japa, Meals & Accommodations, Swimming Pool and your Registration Packet.
With Love and Respect,
Barb Aschettino, Pushpa Amin and Mariella Silva
1. Swami Ma Radha will be with us for the whole 5-day retreat. On Monday she will guide the Global Full-Moon Meditation at 3 PM (this is at the same time that Swami Veda is meditating with Europe) and at 10 PM she will sit and meditate in silence with us (hopefully outdoors in the moonlight listening to the ocean, if the weather permits). She will have more lectures and guided practices on Wednesday. On Thursday at 9 AM she will start the 12-Hour Akhanda Japa (see #5 for more details). Throughout the day she will be meet privately with those wishing personal mantra initiation (see #4 for more details). Please review the attached flyer as it has been updated with all these changes.
2. The June 4th Global Full-Moon Meditation will be celebrated both with Europe at 3 PM and with North America at 10 PM. For those that wish to spend the night so they can participate in the (hopefully) outdoor moonlight meditation, we have added a 1-Day & Night Retreat. Please let us know if you would like to change your registration.
3. New 1-Day & Night Retreat has been added for $150. This includes accommodations, Lunch and Dinner on Monday and Breakfast on Tuesday. Participants are welcome to stay until noon on Tuesday. This is also available for those that are coming for Mantra Initiation on Thursday, June 7th. The departure will be at 11:00 AM on Friday.
5. Akhanda Japa (uninterrupted group meditation) is an ancient practice in the Himalayan tradition for creating a spiritually empowered collective consciousness. Ma Radha will establish the meditative space in the chapel on Thursday at 9 AM and one of the organizers will hold the space during the 12-hours for all those who wish to participate. There will be a break for meals, please see the attached schedule for details.
7. New 5-Day Schedule (see attached) includes guided practices, lectures, and the 12-Hour Akhanda Japa. The longer retreat is meant to provide space for deepening your practice. Each participant is encouraged to allow the practice to guide you; therefore, you may find yourself walking on the beach, swimming in the pool, or joining others for group sessions in the chapel ... whatever your inner guru suggests.
9. Swimming: We forgot to mention that there is a swimming pool that is available for your use. Note, there is not a life guard.
10. Registration Packet: In mid-May, we will email a packet to all registrants. This will include a suggested packing list, a final schedule, and several documents to assist you.
See attachment for Silence Retreat Details
Location: Stella Maris Retreat Center 981 Ocean Avenue Elberon, New Jersey
View the photo gallery at www.stellamarisretreatcenter.com
Schedule : Arrive 10am on Monday, June 4. Leave in the evening for 1-Day Retreat. Leave 12am Tuesday, June 5 for 1-Day & Night retreat. Leave 11am Wednesday, June 6 for 3-Day retreat. Leave 11am Friday, June 8 for 5-Day retreat and 1-Day & Night retreat for Initiations.
Room : Each attendee will have a private room, the bathrooms are shared. All Meals are vegetarian and will be provided starting with lunch on June 4 and finishing with breakfast on the last day of your retreat or dinner for those attending the 1-Day Retreat. Swimming Pool available (without life guard).
One-Day Retreat: $80.
One-Day & Night Retreat: $150.
Three-Day Retreat: $250.
Five-Day Retreat: $450.
Here are the steps to register for the retreat:
2. Please provide the name, address and phone number for each attendee.
3. Please include the name of the person that invited you.
4. We must receive the check by 5/15/10 for each attendee. Your private room will be reserved with your payment.
6. Please make check payable to AHYMS.
7. Mail to: AHYMS, PO BOX 5024, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
8. If you need to cancel your reservation, please let us know as soon as possible. If you notify us after April 30, the cancellation fee will be $100.00, prior to April 30 the fee is $50.00.