Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
Welcome to Bindu.org!
We are constantly collecting readings and resources about the Himalayan Yoga Tradition. Please also visit our other site at hymla.com for current events and blog entries.
July 14, 2017 will be the 2nd Anniversary of Swami Veda Bharati's Mahasamadhi.
“We gather as a celebration on this first anniversary of our beloved Swami Veda's samadhi. Here, we are not adoring the physical body which was placed in this space one year ago; we are present to embrace the subtlety of his example, the beauty of his teaching, and faith in his mandate – ‘share with the world the pure form of meditation and only initiate into the same.’" - Swami Ritavan Bharati at the 1st anniversary of Swami Veda's mahasamadhi
There will be a Maha Samadhi Anniversary Retreat at Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama (SRSG) July 8 – 16, 2017.
Table of Contents
- Rituals in the Modern World by Swami Veda Bharati
- The Real and Un-real by Swami Rama
- Ahymsin Board Meeting: March 2017 by Rajini Prakash
- July Events
- International Yoga Festival by Tarinee Awasthi
- Rasasvada – Taste of Bliss by Dr. Prakriti Bhaskar
- The Dance of Transformation by Joanne Sullivan (Divya)
- Workshop with Swami Tat Sat by Manon van den Berge
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- HYT-TTP Newsletter, March 2017 by Rabindra Sahu
- Dance Participant Feedback
- 2017 Events and Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
with Swami Radha Bharati and Jim Nelson
Dunrovin Retreat Center, in the Beautiful St. Croix River Valley
August 17 – August 23, 2017
Photo Courtesy of Swami Radha Bharati 2014
Guided by Swami Radha Bharati and Jim Nelson and the light of Swami Veda Bharati, the schedule will include daily meditations, hatha yoga, and contemplative walks. Subtle body sessions will add depth to your silence experience. Staff will provide every support to guide your experience of silence.
For more information and to register, please see: https://themeditationcenter.org/retreats/summer-silence-retreat-2015/
Swami Veda Bharati took his Mahasamadhi July 14, 2015. He holds the prestigious title of Mahamandaleshwara in the Swami order of monks. Swami Veda was also the Chancellor of HIHT University, Dehradun, which was established by Master Swami Rama. He authored approximately 18 books on Indian spirituality including a 1500 page comprehensive commentary on two of the four chapters of Patanjali’s Yoga-sutras. Before taking the vows of Swamihood in 1992, Swami Veda Bharati was known as Dr. Usharbudh Arya.