Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
Swami Veda Bharati took his Mahasamadhi July 14, 2015. He holds the prestigious title of Mahamandaleshwara in the Swami order of monks. Swami Veda was also the Chancellor of HIHT University, Dehradun, which was established by Master Swami Rama. He authored approximately 18 books on Indian spirituality including a 1500 page comprehensive commentary on two of the four chapters of Patanjali’s Yoga-sutras. Before taking the vows of Swamihood in 1992, Swami Veda Bharati was known as Dr. Usharbudh Arya.
The contemplative composes poems of silence, and sets them to silent rhythms. these symphonies of silence are then performed by players trained in silence, whose instruments are tuned to perfection in silence. Silence is not, ofcourse, mere muteness. Thie is a silence that communicates, a silence that speaks, a silence that moves and elevates. From such spiritually charged silence have emerged the thoughts that have found expression in the contents of this little book. Like all inspired compositions, the collection should seed further contemplation and deeper thinking on what one might ordinarily be tempted to view as casual observations.
Available from The Meditation Center: https://themeditationcenter.org/product/sayings-saying-nothing-says-it-all/
Table of Contents
- Three Principles of Communication by Swami Veda Bharati
- Discipline by Swami Rama
- Is an Ashram for Me? by Swami Ritavan Bharati
- Christmas & Children at SRSG by Namita Sinha
- 2018 Mauni Amavasya Silence Retreats
- Teacher Training at SRSG
- October Initiates’ Retreat
- Travelling with Swamiji by Tejaswini
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- Two Events with Swami Radha by Randall Krause (Mokshadeva)
- Human to Human, Heart to Heart by Daniel Hertz
- Teaching Joints & Glands by Alice Coelho
- Caught by Joanne Sullivan (Divya)
- 2017 Events and Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
Marilou Hermens will be teaching the 2017 Breath Seminar October 31 – November 4, 2017 at Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama (SRSG), Rishikesh, India. She will be assisted by senior teachers and the SRSG teaching staff.
This retreat will include subtleties of breath practices.
Written by Swami Rama, Dr. Rudolph Ballentine, and Dr. Alan Hymes, Science of Breath describes the anatomy and physiology of breathing, as well as the subtle yogic science of prana.
“Controlling the breath, is a prerequisite to controlling the mind and body.” – Swami Rama
Published by Himalayan Institute Press (January 25, 2007).
January 7 - March 10, 2018
at Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama