Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
Table of Contents
- Psychology of Silence by Swami Veda Bharati
- The Method for Inner Study by Swami Rama
- Sangha Talk by Swami Ritavan Bharati
- Deepening Your Sadhana by Pandit Hari Shankar Dabral
- Silence: The Illuminated Mind by Himalayan Yoga Publications Trust
- Retreat with Swami Tat Sat Bharati by Srila Devi
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- Dance Workshop & Maha Shivaratri by Carolyn Hume
- Ten Days Silence in SRSG by Shunyaa Tsai
- July Retreats at SRSG
- Meditation in Christianity by Beatrix Dekkers-Heezius
- 2018 Events and Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
One of the greatest adepts, teachers, writers, and humanitarians of the 20th century, Swami Rama (1925-1996) is the founder of the Himalayan Institute. Born in Northern India, he was raised from early childhood by the Himalayan sage, Bengali Baba. Under the guidance of his master, he traveled from monastery to monastery and studied with a variety of Himalayan saints and sages, including his grandmaster who was living in a remote region of Tibet. In addition to this intense spiritual training, Swami Rama received higher education in both India and Europe. From 1949 to 1952, he held the prestigious position of Shankaracharya of Karvirpitham in South India. Thereafter, he returned to his master to receive further training at his cave monastery, and finally in 1969, came to the United States where he founded the Himalayan Institute. His best known work, Living With the Himalayan Masters, reveals the many facets of this singular adept and demonstrates his embodiment of the living tradition of the East.
The following is an excerpt from Yoga Sutras Lectures by Swami Rama (YS3#12)
The first ever AHYMSIN Sangha Gathering in South India will be held on April 7th & 8th, 2018 in Bangalore, India.
We will gather to pay our respect and gratitude to Gurudeva Swami Rama and our beloved Swami Veda Bharati, to renew our commitment to our own sadhana, to nurture one another as Kalyana Mitras and to strengthen the Guru’s mission in South India.
Swami Ritavan Bharati, Ashram Pramukh of Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama and AHYMSIN Spiritual Guide, will be present for this gathering.
For more information and to register, please see: http://ahymsin.org/main/india-events/south-india-sangha-gathering.html?idU=1
There will be a Yoga Nidra Retreat March 26 – 31, 2018 at Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama (SRSG) in Rishikesh, India.
For more information, please see: http://ahymsin.org/main/ashram/yoga-nidra-retreat-in-2018.html
Swami Veda Bharati took his Mahasamadhi July 14, 2015. He holds the prestigious title of Mahamandaleshwara in the Swami order of monks. Swami Veda was also the Chancellor of HIHT University, Dehradun, which was established by Master Swami Rama. He authored approximately 18 books on Indian spirituality including a 1500 page comprehensive commentary on two of the four chapters of Patanjali’s Yoga-sutras. Before taking the vows of Swamihood in 1992, Swami Veda Bharati was known as Dr. Usharbudh Arya.
In this video, Swami Veda Bharati talks to the AHYMSIN sangha about the meaning and the levels of mastery.