Swami Veda Bharati took his Mahasamadhi July 14, 2015. He holds the prestigious title of Mahamandaleshwara in the Swami order of monks. Swami Veda was also the Chancellor of HIHT University, Dehradun, which was established by Master Swami Rama. He authored approximately 18 books on Indian spirituality including a 1500 page comprehensive commentary on two of the four chapters of Patanjali’s Yoga-sutras. Before taking the vows of Swamihood in 1992, Swami Veda Bharati was known as Dr. Usharbudh Arya.
Friday, March 10 & Saturday, March 11, 2017
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Four times a year we gather as a community to actively re-commit ourselves to the practices that have been brought forward by the Himalayan Yoga Tradition.
We meet on Friday evening, and Saturday morning and afternoon to participate in Silence, Joints & Glands, Deep Relaxation, Breathing Awareness and Meditation. This weekend is dedicated to joining together and renewing ourselves and our commitment to the practices of the Himalayan Tradition. Everyone is invited – beginners as well as seasoned practitioners.
Please see http://himalayanyogamilwaukee.org/2017/03/fall-silent-retreat-2016/ for more information and to register.
Table of Contents
- Himalayan Tradition in Polity and Economy by Swami Veda Bharati
- Intellect, Sadhana and Wisdom by Swami Rama
- Like a Thriller-Action Movie by Patricija Kos
- Teaching Children by Mamta Nakoti
- In the Mind’s Garden by Joanne Sullivan (Divya)
- A Weekend with Swami Tat Sat by Dirk Gysels
- Love Whispers by Little student of Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition
- Thoughts on Vanaprastha by Pandit Tejomaya
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- Nataraja Murti Sanctified by Randall Krause (Mokshadeva)
- 2017 Events and Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
Satsanga, the company of like-minded, spiritual seekers is a supporting link on the spiritual path.
AHYMSIN Youth invites you to come together with the Sangha and share your thoughts, experiences and challenges with others. Some of us had asked our beloved Ammaji's guidance on hurdles on the spiritual journey and she has responded with some very meaningful insights, which also we will share and discuss.
We are keeping Swami Veda Bharati's book “Sadhana in Appllied Spirituality" as a topic of discussion, for all practical applications are covered here. As Kalyana Mitras, we are "helpers of helpers" - lets come together.