Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
A special time for you to visit Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama.
• akhanda-patha (24 hour non-stop recitation) of Guru-Gita, the Song to the Guru
• 14th July, 1st Anniversary of Swami Veda Bharati's Mahasamadhi
• 19th July, Guru Purnima and Full Moon Meditation
“This day, the day of Guru Purnima, is considered to be the holiest day for the students of life; for those that have been treading the path of light; for those aspiring to attain enlightenment in this lifetime. They remember this day and celebrate it by becoming aware the purpose of life is to attain enlightenment; the state of mind, internal state, that makes one free from all pains and miseries.”
- Swami Rama
The following message which was written by Swami Veda Bharati in December 2008. May its message inspire you in this December. The original handwritten message is below.
In the Tantra tradition, Time is a diety. There are temples to Mahākāla (the Great Time) in places as diverse as Ujjayini (the ancient Indian astronomers’ Greenwich) and Mongolia.
In this tradition, dates are mother goddesses (as they are gods and goddesses in the ancient Maya civilization of Yucatan and Guatemala).
May the Time-God smile on you as Janus scans the worlds with his two faces. May the Time-God’s smiles be scattered on your paths like so many snow-white blossoms of prosperity, family happiness, and – above all – each day, the realization of a new truth, discovery of a new layer of reality.
Time-God has always been smiling at me in the form of your love and kindly dispositions and I rejoice. May all 365 mother-goddesses make you rejoice as you journey through their realms.
Have the Great Time as your friend.
With all affection,
Swami Veda Bharati
Swami Veda Bharati holds the prestigious title of Mahamandaleshwara in the Swami order of monks. He was also the Chancellor of HIHT University, Dehradun, which was established by Master Swami Rama. He authored approximately 18 books on Indian spirituality including a 1500 page comprehensive commentary on two of the four chapters of Patanjali’s Yoga-sutras. Before taking the vows of Swamihood in 1992, Swami Veda Bharati was known as Dr. Usharbudh Arya.
The first sentence of this lecture by Swami Rama is "I will systematically explain to you the entire method of meditation."
Click to watch to watch the lecture in its' entirety.
Table of Contents
- Half a Halo by Swami Veda Bharati
- Fearlessness by Swami Rama
- HYT- TTP Newsletter by Rabindra Sahu
- Annual Initiators Retreat by Michael Kissener
- A Stay at SRSG by Jim Fraser
- Holistic Motherhood by Dr. Shirin Venkatramani
- Wish List 2015 by YYCR Organizers
- In Homage to Swami Veda by Swami Jaidev Bharati
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- Dharma in the World Today by Sabina Cesaroni
- Finding a True Teacher by Randall Krause
- March Retreat at SRSG 2016
- 2016 Events and Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
This is volume 1 of an audio CD series which will guide you through some of the basic practices of the Himalayan tradition as taught by H.H. Swami Rama of the Himalayas. The audio tracks were recorded in a natural setting with bird songs providing a soothing background. Recorded by Prakash Keshaviah, Ph.D.
Available for download at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/swamirama10