Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
One of the greatest adepts, teachers, writers, and humanitarians of the 20th century, Swami Rama (1925-1996) is the founder of the Himalayan Institute. Born in Northern India, he was raised from early childhood by the Himalayan sage, Bengali Baba. Under the guidance of his master, he traveled from monastery to monastery and studied with a variety of Himalayan saints and sages, including his grandmaster who was living in a remote region of Tibet. In addition to this intense spiritual training, Swami Rama received higher education in both India and Europe. From 1949 to 1952, he held the prestigious position of Shankaracharya of Karvirpitham in South India. Thereafter, he returned to his master to receive further training at his cave monastery, and finally in 1969, came to the United States where he founded the Himalayan Institute. His best known work, Living With the Himalayan Masters, reveals the many facets of this singular adept and demonstrates his embodiment of the living tradition of the East.
In this lecture Swami Rama discusses Kriya Yoga. He explains that the three basic practices of Kriya Yoga--tapas, svadhyaya and ishwara pranidhana (self-discipline, self-study and surrender of the ego)--should be practiced by all students of Yoga meditation, and that they are practiced in order to create a balanced mind and to establish a state of inner tranquility.
He further states that Kriya Yoga helps remove the obstacles that hinder our progress in meditation and by removing these obstacles we can obtain a state of samadhi.
Available for download at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/swamirama20
Table of Contents
- Be the Dwelling Place of God by Swami Veda Bharati
- Understanding the Mind by Swami Rama
- Intensive Silence Retreat by Manon van den Berge
- A New Center Is Born by Patricija Kos
- Swami Ritavan in Budapest by Puskás Kata Szidónia
- Shavasana Retreat in March
- Dance Workshop in February
- Two New Books
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- AHYMSIN Board: September 2016 by Rabindra Sahu
- Stomaji’s Visit in Athens by Sofia Foteina
- Jelle Grupstra’s Center by Stephen Parker (Stoma)t
- An Unexpected Blossoming by Joachim Volger
- Northern California Silence Retreat by Maryon Maass
- Workshops in Greece by Stephen Parker (Stoma)
- Around the Globe Facebook Sharings
- 2016 Events and Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
Sunday, November 13, 2016 from 1pm – 3pm
Himalayan Yoga & Meditation Center
5000 W. Vliet St. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.