Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
Table of Contents
- Be the Dwelling Place of God by Swami Veda Bharati
- Understanding the Mind by Swami Rama
- Intensive Silence Retreat by Manon van den Berge
- A New Center Is Born by Patricija Kos
- Swami Ritavan in Budapest by Puskás Kata Szidónia
- Shavasana Retreat in March
- Dance Workshop in February
- Two New Books
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- AHYMSIN Board: September 2016 by Rabindra Sahu
- Stomaji’s Visit in Athens by Sofia Foteina
- Jelle Grupstra’s Center by Stephen Parker (Stoma)t
- An Unexpected Blossoming by Joachim Volger
- Northern California Silence Retreat by Maryon Maass
- Workshops in Greece by Stephen Parker (Stoma)
- Around the Globe Facebook Sharings
- 2016 Events and Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
Sunday, November 13, 2016 from 1pm – 3pm
Himalayan Yoga & Meditation Center
5000 W. Vliet St. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
THE LIGHT OF TEN THOUSAND SUNS is a gem of beauty, wisdom and delight. It brings us the truths of life and death, glory and insignificance, defeat and ecstasy – all in light of the vast divine presence surrounding and within us all. In reading this book of mystical inspiration, remembrance stirs within. Author and holy man, Swami Veda Bharati widens our vision from the tight concerns of daily existence into the vast illumination of our own divine Self. The Light of Ten Thousand Suns is the first book of poetry by this great scholar and teacher.
Available via The Meditation Center: http://themeditationcenter.org/product/the-light-of-ten-thousand-suns/
At the Redemptorist Retreat Center, Oconomowoc, WI
Facilitated by Jim Nelson
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 6TH
Give yourself the gift of silent retreat! Experience the deep relaxation and sense of renewal that only silence can offer you. The schedule for the weekend will include many features of an ashram stay such as daily meditations, gentle hatha yoga, subtle body practices and contemplative walks, all offered as a way to add depth to your silence experience. There will also be plenty of time for personal reflection in a natural, peaceful, nurturing environment. Staff will be present to provide every support to guide your experience of silence.
Our retreat facilitator will be our friend and senior teacher, Jim Nelson. Jim is a yogi and a psychologist who has been leading silence retreats under the direction of Swami Veda for many years. His gentle presence enhances any retreat experience.
The mission of the Redemptorist Retreat Center in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin is to provide a place of renewal, rest and contemplative reflection.
Located just off Interstate 94 in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, a short thirty-five minute drive west of Milwaukee.
Situated on twenty acres of naturally wooded areas where privacy and quiet is abundant. Located amidst the rolling hills of historic Kettle Moraine.
The facility is fully air-conditioned and handicapped accessible. Private rooms with linens, lavatory, sink, and shower.