Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
Blessing on behalf of Swami Veda, the Swami Community at SRSG and myself for a Peace-filled Holiday Season, full of Love and Joy arising from a seed of silent-contentment within.
"Beautiful is Thy Silent Night;
decked with jeweled stars of Thy Divine Name.
An ecstasy of devotion, an emotion of expectancy;
will the shrine of my body-mind temple find the inner-light still lit?
Entering the stillness of wonder, O-Silent Night,
Thy Presence is felt, Thy Will be done."
Dearest of Dear Luminous and Holy Souls,
‘Silent night, holy night’, Xmas hymn, means only the state of silence makes one holy; be made holy tonight through spiritual silence.
‘Happy Xmas’ means that Christ is born on Xmas night in the souls of those who are joyful. The Christ birth makes you further joyful.
Is it not interesting that the nativity of Christ and of Krishna, both are celebrated at midnight – the moment of total silence, equilibrium.
Is it not interesting that Christ is born in cattle shed or cave and Krishna in a prison. Both promise the world salvation through surrender.
Happy Chistmas. Be joyful from today because Christ is now born in the manger or cave of your heart.
Swami Veda Bharati, 2011
By the kindness of an anonymous donor, we are now in the process of establishing a shrine to the Divine Mother in our Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama. The shrine will be next to where the present crystal Shivalinga is luminously established.
- In this shrine, a crystal Shri Yantra will be established on 31 March 2012 morning.
- On 1st April 2012, the Lady of Compassion, a marble statue of the Divine Mother, will receive consecration, i.e. prana pratishtha.
- From 1st April 2012 for 21 days, there will be akhanda paatha, 24 hour nonstop recitation of Lalita Sahasranama, thousand names of Mother Lalita.
- From 2nd April to 8 April, there will also be Indian Yoga Meditation Training Retreat (Shivir). On 2 and 3 April, participants will be offered a choice of going into the mountains or experiencing silence and contemplation and the Shivir will begin on 4th evening. The Shivir is primarily for Indian initiates and friends
If your participation in this programme does not conflict with your intention to participate in our 2013 programme, then you are invited and are most welcome to participate in this 2012 programme also.
In Service of Gurudeva
Swami Veda Bharati
SADHANA, the Path to Enlightenment
Yoga the Sacred Science, Volume 2
"All sadhana is meant to purify the mind and make the mind one-pointed and inward so it can be directed toward the center of consciousness within the inner chamber of your being. Physical growth is in the hands of nature; mental growth and spiritual growth are in your hands. The second chapter of the Yoga Sutras is completely devoted to sadhana and is replete with methods of practice to help you improve yourself by learning to control your mind and its modifications. Then, you can attain a state of samadhi and realize the Self within." - Swami Rama
Sadhana: The Path to Enlightenment, Yoga and the Sacred Science Vol 2, by Swami Rama has just been published by HIHT press and is now available from The Meditation Center online bookstore, which ships nationally and internationally. Also, please see Amazon. This book is also available in Kindle at Amazon. In India, inquire at AHYMSIN Publishers. In Europe, inquire at YogaInEurope.eu.