Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
Please CLICK HERE to view the Ahymsin March 2012 Newsletter
In this month's newsletter:
1. Nurturing Spirituality in the Family -- Conference
2. Our Tradition by Swami Rama
3. Meditation, the Unifying Stream in Religions by Swami Veda Bharati
4. Religion as Re-Linking by Dr. Stephen (Stoma) Parker
5. Religious Perspective on Unity in Diversity by Swami Nitya
6. Installation of Mount Kailash Murti by Swami Ritavan Bharati
7. Installation Photos
8. The Thousand Names of Shiva by Lalita Arya
9. Teacher Training Program in Chile by Manuel Fernandez
10. Swami Veda Bharati in Thailand
11. Conference: Transitions and Silence -- Minnesota
12. Something Swamiji Said
13. European Retreat - June 2012
14. KHEL Annual Report 2011
15. A Norway Family at SRSG by Lalita Arya
16. 2012 Events and Beyond
17. Full Moon Meditation Dates
18. Location of our SRSG ashram
Swamiji performs a beautiful fire ceremony making all the ladies living and serving at the ashram able to perform and take care of the Mother Divine statue being placed in its new temple. [Photos: Michelle Kinsey]
Swami Veda Bharati has spent the past 53 years teaching, providing spiritual guidance, and has taught the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali since the age of nine and the Vedas since the age of eleven. He is the author of a comprehensive commentary on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and many other books.
Living Deeply Practices are short experiential audios guided by wonderful leaders from a range of wisdom traditions.
Hym-la [Himalayan Yoga Meditation - Los Angeles] provides support to three charitable schools in India including KHEL (Kindness, Health, Education, Laughter)
Randall Krause, a qualified yoga teacher, is a devoted supporter of KHEL for many years. When he heard that we needed funds for a heart surgery for one of our students, he immediately got to work, collecting the monies for our 15 year old S. (name withheld for privacy protection). I met him at SRSG and arranged for him to meet S. Our manager Beni drove S down from Dehradun to Rishikesh. S is writing his 9th grade exams, and with the highway traffic arrived just in time to take some pictures with Randall and have a quick chat. We are fortunate that now that S had recovered, he is able to attend school but has certain exertion restrictions, for example he is forbidden from riding a bike. On his last check up in Delhi, the doctors prescribed a blood thinner for him, and have now referred him to the Himalayan Institute Hospital, about a hour away from his home. We are delighted by this, as the Hospital was built by Baba, Swami Rama, who is also the inspiration for KHEL. Now S will not have to travel all the way to Delhi - 8 hours by bus thus avoiding the resultant strain. We wish to thank Randall and all the donors who gave so generously so that S may have a normal life as it possible for him. His medications and other nutrition are being provided by KHEL. KHEL has been working in these communities for over 25+ years, providing education, nutrition and other career opportunities. When we are blessed with being able to help a child with health challenges, all problems facing us pale in the significance of the shy smile we receive from him.