Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
East-West Yoga Society presents
Maya Margo’s 2nd Memorial
Hiking and Yoga in Jasper-2012
with Swami Radha Bharati
Arrive: Friday Aug 3 (after 4 PM)
Depart Monday, August 6 (after breakfast-with box lunch)
This is the civic holiday weekend.
Download details HERE
May we encourage you to join us for Swami Veda's last UK workshop before he enters Silence in Spring Next Year.
1-3 June, Ware, Herts UK (you can attend 1, 2 or all 3 days)
It promises to be enjoyable as ever as we are 'entertained' by the many stories within stories of the ancient texts of wisdom (Yoga Vasistha and the Bhagavad Gita) . A chance for us to take the messages from these stories into our lives to provide Peace, Happiness and Balance.
"Transitions and Speaking in Silence"
1st - 22nd July 2012
Please join Swami Veda Bharati in Minneapolis 2012. This will be Swami Veda's only US public appearance in 2012 and his last "Speaking/Silence" series in North America before he enters a 5-7 year vow of silence in March 2013 in Rishikesh.
He has much to share in preparing and transitioning students to receive the teachings internally through the Grace of the Lineage.
For now, here is what is known...The retreat with Swami Veda - "Transitions and Speaking in Silence" will include:
• Public Events with Swami Veda and Himalayan Tradition Swamis/Leading Teachers: a mixture of speaking and silence as Swami Veda and others transition students to receive the teachings through the flowing silence of the Lineage
• More information about Summer Retreats
• Guru Purnima Retreat, a silence retreat - July 1 to 4
• Summer Silence Retreat, July 1 - 10
• Guru Purnima Celebration at St. Maron's Cedars Hall, July 3, 6:30 pm
• Swami Veda - Guru Purnima Meditation at The Meditation Center, July 3, 9-10 pm
• Speaking in Silence Retreat, July 6 - 10
• AHYMS-A Meeting at St Thomas University, July 7
• Level One (200-Hour & 600-Hour): July 8 - July22
• Level Two (600-Hour): July 8 - July 22
• Prana Vidya I for Hatha Yoga and Meditation Teachers: July 8 - July 13
• Prana Vidya II for Hatha Yoga and Meditation Teachers: July 15 - July 20
• Prana Vidya I & II for Hatha Yoga and Meditation Teachers: July 8 - July 20
• Swami Veda at St. Thomas - July 9 - Evening
• Swami Veda at University of Minnesota, "Silence: The Deeper Dimension of Meditation," July 11, 4:40 - 6:00 pm.
For a more information about the summer retreats, please visit http://www.themeditationcenter.org/jnana/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116&Itemid=184
For more information about Swami Veda in Minneapolis 2012, please visit http://www.themeditationcenter.org/jnana/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=200&Itemid=180
For more information about the HYT Teacher Training and Continuing Education Retreats, please see http://www.hyt-ttp.com/stpaul.html
For more information, contact The Meditation Center at
Today (April 28, 2012) we had a marvellously spiritual experience at the new Mother shrine at SRSG.
Swami Niranjan Teerth a dandy swami of Shringeri tradition told me several days back that he is a shri-vidya worshipper and performs Her puja daily.
He is a wandering swami, a true parivrajaka, with no home nor hearth. His gurudeva asked his parents to give him (to the guru) while he was yet 6 years old. Raised him, taught him, trained him into shri-vidya.
He has been greatly influenced by LIVING WIHT HIMALAYAN MASTERS of Swami Rama and spends much time wandering in the Himalayas (and in the plains). Formerly a textile engineer he took the swami vows 12 years back and performs his three pujas a day.
I asked him if he would do a puja for us in the shrine. He readily agreed.
He said, a puja can take any length of time from 45 minutes to ten hours.
I settled for 2 hours.
The puja began at 4.30 a.m. and lasted for 5 spellbinding hours.
The entire puja was done with silent recitation and with the sign language of mudras. The Swamiji performing it all in a very conscious meditative sate.
If you have not seen it, you will not believe it. Summer is here; everybody has left. The 15-20 people sat for these five hours. Some legs ached; they stood. One resident swami with five ruptured discs in his back sat straight for the five hours.
I had seen my Master lying in bed and doing all sorts of mudras. I asked him what he was doing? He said ‘I am doing my puja’.
Today we saw how that puja is done. A veritable dance of DEVOTION, YET IN CONCENTRATED STILLNESS. Every word of the prayer mantra recitations was spelled out only in gesture, with silent recitations.
There is a well-established tradition among wandering swamis since Vedic times that 4 rainy months of the year they undertake ‘sthala-sanyasa’, confining themselves to one ashram or such place. It is called simply chatur-masya (Four Months) and everyone in the traditions knows what vows are involved during that period. Swami Niranjan Teerth was looking for a place to undertake his chaturmasya for this year. I have invited him to be at our Ashram. He will stay here from 28th June till 28th November, performing his daily three long pujas in solitude.
Re the attached photo, in the texts She is often described as ‘aruna’ in complexion – golden yellow. I was rather attached to Her pure white form of sattvic purity. But now I see Her here in her golden-yellow and love Her in this form also.
A more detailed article is being written about it. Here are some photos of today’s puja.