Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
By the kindness of an anonymous donor, we are now in the process of establishing a shrine to the Divine Mother in our Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama. The shrine will be next to where the present crystal Shivalinga is luminously established.
1. In this shrine, a crystal Shri Yantra will be established on 31 March 2012 morning.
2. On 1st April 2012 the Lady of Compassion, a marble statue of the Divine Mother, will receive consecration, i.e. prana pratishtha.
3. From 1st April for 21 days, akhanda-paatha, 24 hour nonstop recitation of Lalita-sahasranama, thousand names of Mother Lalita.
4. From 2nd April to 8 April, there will also be Indian Yoga Meditation Training Retreat (Shivir). On 2 and 3 April, participants will be offered a choice of going into the mountains or experiencing silence and contemplation and the Shivir will begin on 4th evening. The Shivir is primarily for Indian initiates and friends.
If your participation in this programme does not conflict with your intention to participate in our 2013 programme, then you are invited and are most welcome to participate in this 2012 programme also. CLICK HERE for additional details and if you would like to participate.
Please CLICK HERE to view the Ahymsin March 2012 Newsletter
In this month's newsletter:
1. Nurturing Spirituality in the Family -- Conference
2. Our Tradition by Swami Rama
3. Meditation, the Unifying Stream in Religions by Swami Veda Bharati
4. Religion as Re-Linking by Dr. Stephen (Stoma) Parker
5. Religious Perspective on Unity in Diversity by Swami Nitya
6. Installation of Mount Kailash Murti by Swami Ritavan Bharati
7. Installation Photos
8. The Thousand Names of Shiva by Lalita Arya
9. Teacher Training Program in Chile by Manuel Fernandez
10. Swami Veda Bharati in Thailand
11. Conference: Transitions and Silence -- Minnesota
12. Something Swamiji Said
13. European Retreat - June 2012
14. KHEL Annual Report 2011
15. A Norway Family at SRSG by Lalita Arya
16. 2012 Events and Beyond
17. Full Moon Meditation Dates
18. Location of our SRSG ashram
Swamiji performs a beautiful fire ceremony making all the ladies living and serving at the ashram able to perform and take care of the Mother Divine statue being placed in its new temple. [Photos: Michelle Kinsey]
Swami Veda Bharati has spent the past 53 years teaching, providing spiritual guidance, and has taught the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali since the age of nine and the Vedas since the age of eleven. He is the author of a comprehensive commentary on Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and many other books.
Living Deeply Practices are short experiential audios guided by wonderful leaders from a range of wisdom traditions.