Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
This series of lectures on mantra sets the standard as Swami Veda elucidates the subtle complexities of the secret science of mantra which few have mastered so well.
Mantras can change your karma and fine tune the directions of your life. Swami Veda understands the challenges of modern life and shows how mantras are the means to living the life that is the birthright of every human being.
Now available for audio download [$29.95] at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/swamivedabharati4
Speaking with a depth of meditative experience rarely found outside the caves of the Himalayas, Swami Veda leads us through guided practice and clear explanations of the origin of mantra, how to use mantra to deepen meditation, and serve as a personal guide
Published by Ahymsa Publishers a subsidiary of the Association of Himalayan Yoga Meditation Societies - Americas
Manu is happy to share with you the great news that Swami Veda, Swami Ritavan, and the TTP administrative staff, among others, have welcomed the creation of a bilingual English-Spanish 200-hr yoga teachers' training program in Chile, which will hold Level One retreats every second and third week of January, starting this January 12-25 January, 2013.
The program will be a Registered Yoga School (RYS) with Yoga Alliance, so students can apply for the 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200) status if they wish, after completing all requirements. Everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of their Spanish fluency, as all classes will be taught both in English and Spanish.
We are expecting to bring international teachers from the Himalayan Tradition who possess the Yoga Alliance RYT status and there also will be a local teacher and translator who has the RYT status.
This article is on the five pillars that support yoga practice. You can think of them like a flower with five petals, all interdependent.
These five are:
- celibacy/sexual continence
- conquest of sleep
Upon first hearing of them, you might be frightened. "Do you mean I have to keep still, and not move at all?" Do "I have to maintain complete silence?" "So I can't have sex?" Etc.
Before running away screaming, let's take a few moments to understand these pillars, to see that they are not so frightening after all.
By the kindness of an anonymous donor, we are now in the process of establishing a shrine to the Divine Mother in our Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama. The shrine will be next to where the present crystal Shivalinga is luminously established.
1. In this shrine, a crystal Shri Yantra will be established on 31 March 2012 morning.
2. On 1st April 2012 the Lady of Compassion, a marble statue of the Divine Mother, will receive consecration, i.e. prana pratishtha.
3. From 1st April for 21 days, akhanda-paatha, 24 hour nonstop recitation of Lalita-sahasranama, thousand names of Mother Lalita.
4. From 2nd April to 8 April, there will also be Indian Yoga Meditation Training Retreat (Shivir). On 2 and 3 April, participants will be offered a choice of going into the mountains or experiencing silence and contemplation and the Shivir will begin on 4th evening. The Shivir is primarily for Indian initiates and friends.
If your participation in this programme does not conflict with your intention to participate in our 2013 programme, then you are invited and are most welcome to participate in this 2012 programme also. CLICK HERE for additional details and if you would like to participate.
Please CLICK HERE to view the Ahymsin March 2012 Newsletter
In this month's newsletter:
1. Nurturing Spirituality in the Family -- Conference
2. Our Tradition by Swami Rama
3. Meditation, the Unifying Stream in Religions by Swami Veda Bharati
4. Religion as Re-Linking by Dr. Stephen (Stoma) Parker
5. Religious Perspective on Unity in Diversity by Swami Nitya
6. Installation of Mount Kailash Murti by Swami Ritavan Bharati
7. Installation Photos
8. The Thousand Names of Shiva by Lalita Arya
9. Teacher Training Program in Chile by Manuel Fernandez
10. Swami Veda Bharati in Thailand
11. Conference: Transitions and Silence -- Minnesota
12. Something Swamiji Said
13. European Retreat - June 2012
14. KHEL Annual Report 2011
15. A Norway Family at SRSG by Lalita Arya
16. 2012 Events and Beyond
17. Full Moon Meditation Dates
18. Location of our SRSG ashram