Bindu - Gateway to Himalayan Wisdom
This website is for people who hunger for a real connection with the core of life, who want more joy and less stress and are ready to be the conscious designer of their destiny rather than victim of circumstances.
In this website you’ll find:
- The wisdom, philosophy, lifestyle and practices of the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- A calendar listing opportunities to connect with teachers in the Himalayan Yoga Meditation Tradition;
- News from the Tradition.
Swami Veda Bharati took his Mahasamadhi July 14, 2015. He holds the prestigious title of Mahamandaleshwara in the Swami order of monks. Swami Veda was also the Chancellor of HIHT University, Dehradun, which was established by Master Swami Rama. He authored approximately 18 books on Indian spirituality including a 1500 page comprehensive commentary on two of the four chapters of Patanjali’s Yoga-sutras. Before taking the vows of Swamihood in 1992, Swami Veda Bharati was known as Dr. Usharbudh Arya.
In this video, Swami Veda Bharati talks to the AHYMSIN sangha about moral and human conduct according to yoga.
The Ishopanishad is considered to be the foundation stone of Upanishadic knowledge. It is said that the answer to all the important questions of life are to be found in this short Upanishad. It is an ideal book of Vedanta philosophy. Book of Wisdom is Swami Rama's commentary on the sacred scriptures that form the basis of spiritual thought in India. Serving as both an introduction to yoga philosophy and as a careful guide for scholars, this excellent study begins with a history of the Upanishads and explains:
- The essential questions of the nature of God
- The origin of ignorance and illusion
- The levels of mind and consciousness
Available from The Himalayan Institute: https://shop.himalayaninstitute.org/products/book-of-wisdom
Table of Contents
- Silence Retreats in Celebration by Swami Ritavan Bharati
- Gulliverian Silence by Swami Veda Bharati
- Love and Forgiveness by Swami Rama
- Celebration in Silence by Sofia Foteina
- Culmination of 5 Year Silence Practice by Randall Krause (Mokshadeva)
- Prāna, Prāna-Vidya: What is it? by Jim Fraser
- Dance Workshop Feedback
- August Program for Non-Initiates
- Dear Yoga Mentor, My Question Is…
- Upcoming Events 2018 & Beyond
- Full Moon Meditation Dates
- Location of our SRSG ashram
This disk is a compilation of the 6 CDs that make up the “Marks of Spiritual Progress” lecture series given by Swami Veda Bharati. Also, there are three supplemental lectures given on the same subject. There are TWO VERSIONS of the first lecture, because the audio quality is poor, and was difficult to improve. The first version has been edited to remove extra sounds and long gaps. The second version has less editing, but a different style of sound enhancement in case you find it easier to hear. Transcripts of the main lectures, as well as a SUMMARY document can also be found on the disk. Additionally, we have included 14 additional transcripts of helpful lectures. A companion series CD “Yoga in Daily Life” is also recommended.
This is an MP3 CD. It requires a CD player that will play MP3 disks. It can also be played on your computer.
Available for purchase through The Meditation Center at: https://themeditationcenter.org/product/marks-of-spiritual-progress/
July 14, 2018 will be the 3rd Anniversary of Swami Veda’s Mahasamadhi.
July 27, 2018 will be Guru Purnima and Full Moon Meditation.
There will be a Maha Samadhi Anniversary Retreat July 8-16, immediately followed by a Guru Purnima Retreat July 17-27. Both events will take place at Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama (SRSG) in Rishikesh, India. Please see http://www.ahymsin.org/docs2/News/1802/07.html for more information.